Ysgubor-y-coed Parish Council minutes,
- NLW MS 16621C.
- File
- 1894-1938.
Minute book, December 1894-July 1938, recording meetings of Ysgubor-y-coed Parish Council, Cardiganshire.
Ysgubor-y-coed (Ceredigion, Wales). Parish Council.
16173 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Ysgubor-y-coed Parish Council minutes,
Minute book, December 1894-July 1938, recording meetings of Ysgubor-y-coed Parish Council, Cardiganshire.
Ysgubor-y-coed (Ceredigion, Wales). Parish Council.
Ysgubor-y-coed (Misc. properties)
Part of Gogerddan Estate Records
Title deeds of houses and lands in the township of Ysgubor-y-coed in the parish of Llanfihangel Genau’r-glyn, [1547x1552]-1609, 1845-1851. Properties include Ynys Sydall, previously belonging to John Geffre, chaplain, and conveyed by Walter ap Ieuan Ll'n Lloyd, to Ievan Gwyn ap Sir John, [1547x1552]; lands at Ynyshir, previously mortgaged, and comprised in a bond by Richard Phillippe of Aberystwyth and William Phellippe of Llanfihangel Genau'r-glyn, to Morice ap John ap Morice ap Owen, 1571; Tythin Garth yr Hebog and Y Ty yn Lloyn yr Odyn, purchased by Sir Richard Pryse of Gogerddan, 1585, 1609; and Tythyn y Wern Fach, in a bond to Maurice ap David Jenkin, 1588. The file also contains leases by Pryse Pryse and Pryse Loveden, of a house at Garreg, 1845, and a flannel manufactory at Glaspwll, 1851, both recently erected by the tenants.
Minute book, 1874-1946, recording Parish Vestry meetings, 1874-1894 (ff. 2-31 verso, English and Welsh), and parish meetings, 1894-1946 (ff. 32 verso-78, English) of Ysgubor-y-coed, Cardiganshire.
Minutes, 1894-1895, of the first few Parish Council meetings are included in the volume (ff. 33 verso-36, 37); these were later copied into the new Parish Council minute book (now NLW MS 16621C). Meetings during the period 1941-1943 relate to a wartime Salvage and Book Drive (ff. 76-77).
Ysgubor-y-coed (Ceredigion, Wales)
Part of Gogerddan Estate Records
Coveyance by way of exchange by Sir Pryse Pryse of Gogerddan and his trustees with Lewis Pugh Pugh of Abermaed, of parts of Henhafod Farm, Ynysgreigiog Farm and Ynysfach allotment in the township of Ysgubor-y-coed, for other pieces of land adjoining the properties, with rights of access specified, 1890. Schedules and map incorporated.
Part of Gogerddan Estate Records
Conveyance by Sir Pryse Pryse and his trustees to Evan Jones of Nantsiriol, of Dolen Eglwys in the township of Ysgubor-y-coed, 1883..
Ysgubor-y-coed district receipts and payments book,
Ysgubor-y-coed (co. Card.) Rural District minute book,
Ysgubor-y-coed census returns,
Part of NLW Facsimiles.
A copy of E. Alwyn Benjamin of Penarth's transcript and index of the census returns for Ysgubor-y-coed, Ceredigion, 1841-1881.
Part of William Condry Papers,
The file comprises material accumulated for a proposed history of the parish of Ygubor-y-coed comprising handwritten and typed notes, index cards, lists of historical sources, correspondence, photocopied maps, pictures and plans, printed articles and information leaflets. Subjects of particular interest are old roads and transport in the parish, location of the original barn, architecture, former inhabitants of the Ynys-hir estate, Eglwys-fach church, Dyfi Furnace and its development as a tourist attraction, and Ynys Edwin, with relevant correspondence from E. G. Bowen, 1972, Arthur Chater, 1972-1986, Lionel Madden, 1996, and H. R. H. ('Taff') Vaughan, 1960.
Bowen, E. G. (Emrys George), 1900-1983
Ysguborwen Farm, Aberdare (OTZ)
Part of R.H. Williams Associates (Consulting Engineers) Archive
Ysgubor Fawr, Pontllyfni (OMY/AF)
Part of R.H. Williams Associates (Consulting Engineers) Archive
Part of Emyr Humphreys Papers
Part of Hobley Griffith Manuscripts,
An incomplete transcript by W. J. Roberts (Gwilym Cowlyd) of a miscellany of prose and verse written by Perys ap Rychart ap Howell ap Ivan Vychan of Talacre in 1543 (Cwrt Mawr MS 2).
Gwilym Cowlyd, 1828-1904
A miscellany of prose and verse, collected and copied, in part, by Owen Jones (Meudwy Môn), editor of Ceinion Llenyddiaeth Gymreig, from various printed and manuscript sources. It contains notes on customs and folk-lore, a pryddest entitled 'Golygdrem o ben Bryn Cae Mawr, Penmachno', by Owen Gethin Jones, englynion and cywyddau by many of the earlier bards together with some by Edward Morus and Owen Gruffydd; extracts from the 'Iolo Manuscripts', from Celtic Remains by Lewis Morris, and from the works of Thomas Pennant, triads, pedigrees of North Wales families, letters from Goronwy Owen to William and Richard Morris, etc.
Jones, Owen, 1806-1889 Poetry collected and copied by, NLW MS 4995E
Part of Cwrtmawr manuscripts
A manuscript.volume (28 ff.) containing poetical compositions ('englynion', 'penillion', hymns and carols, etc.) almost entirely by Hugh Evans ('Hywel Eryri' or 'Hugh Eryri' [?1764-1847]), some dated 1827-8 and 1842-3. It seems doubtful whether the volume is in his autograph as an englyn at the end by Morris Roberts, Melin Llanllyfni, dated 22 June 1847, is headed 'Englyn a gyfansoddwyd ar yr achlysur gladdu yr oedranus Fardd "Hywel Eryri".' A page or pages are missing at both the beginning and the end of the volume.
A blank music book published by H. Humphreys, Caernarvon, under the title 'Ysgrif-lyfr Cerddoriaeth'. The only entries in the book are 'Hallelujah' and 'Y Ffair-Garwyr'.
Part of Edward Morgan Humphreys Papers,
Part of Edward Morgan Humphreys Papers,
Ysgrifennu ar gyfer y teledu: Mehefin 1981
Part of Papurau'r Academi Gymreig / The Welsh Academy Papers,